Keeping in mind the religious nature of the site, there are certain rules and regulations tourists are expected to follow at the Florence Duomo. Here are a few to make a note of before your visit:
• Bare shoulder attires are not permitted. This includes spaghetti tops, tank tops and tubes.
• Plunging necklines should be avoided.
• Shorts & skirts above the knee are not allowed.
• It is required to take off your sunglasses before entering the cathedral.
• Avoid wearing sandals or flip-flops to the cathedral.